This course has been designed to meet the minimum standard for Working at Height Training for Supervisors, Assessors or Managers in Singapore, as recommended in the WSH (Work at Heights) Regulations 2013, Amendments 2014 and the Approved Code of Practice for Working Safely at Height (2011).
Who should attend this course?
The course is for anyone involved in the supervision, planning / assessment or management of work at height activities.
The aim of the course is to provide Learners with the requisite WAH knowledge to manage work-at- height activities, so that work can be carried out safely. At the end of the course, the Learner shall be able to:
- Identify, explain and apply the relevant Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Legislations / Approved Code of Practice / Singapore Standards applicable to Work-at-Heights (WAH)
- Identify and explain the Roles & Responsibilities of stakeholders, competent and responsible persons.
- Identify hazards, evaluate the risk, and implement control measures for WAH activities
- Review the necessary fall preventive / protective control measures for safe execution of WAH activities
- Establish, evaluate, review and implement a Fall Prevention Plan
- Establish and implement a system for an effective monitoring and control of WAH risks
- Demonstrate competency in donning, checking and correcting of Individual Fall Protection Equipment and Responding to a fall emergency.
Pre-Requisites / Assume Skills and Knowledge
The Learner should have at least WSQ ESS Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 and above or equivalent and the ability to carry out hazards identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures.
Trainer to Trainee Ratio
1: 20 Theory & 1: 20 Theory Assessment
1: 10 Practical & 1: 1 Practical Assessment
20.5 Hours (Including 5 hours Assessment)
Comprising both Theory and Practical Session
Written Test (WT) / Practical Performance (PP)
Medium of Instruction
Slides presentation, sharing of best practice and incident. Hands on practical session.
Theory Examination (WT): 70%
Practical Assessments (PP): 100%
Certificates and Cards shall be endorsed by EFG Training Services Private Ltd and issued to participants at the end of course.
No. 3 Soon Lee Street, #01-16, Pioneer Junction, S (627606).