Under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) 2006 Act, all persons who perform metal scaffold erection in the building and construction industry must complete the Metal Scaffold Erector Course and be certified to ensure safety on the job.
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for all workers working in the construction and related industry. Mandatory & Compulsory for ALL Scaffold Erectors. Formwork & falsework supports erectors in their daily operations and activities exposing themselves to all kinds of hazards may also attend.
This course is aimed at providing individuals with the requisite scaffold knowledge and skills so as to perform their work activities properly and safely. At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- List the types of commonly used metal scaffold based on the characteristics and classification
- Define the terminologies used, and the components and the materials used for metal scaffold structures
- State the requirements for ties and braces used in scaffold erection
- Distinguished between static and mobile tower scaffold and the requirements
- State the requirements for tower scaffold use on work sites
- Perform safe work procedures, general principles and requirements in the erection and dismantling of modular scaffold, tower scaffold, tubular independent tied scaffold and frame scaffold in line with WSH (Scaffold) Regulations and CP 14
- State the rules and regulations to ensure safety in erecting and dismantling of modular scaffold
Pre-Requisites / Assume Skills and Knowledge
Able to understand and communicate in English
Trainer to Trainee Ratio
Theory 1 : 18 ; Practical 1 : 12
Theory Assessment 1 : 18 ; Practical Assessment 1 : 12
38 Hours (Including 8 hours Assessment :,)
Comprising of Theory Written Test 30 MCQ 1 hour (WT)
Practical Performance 7 hours (PP)
Medium of Instruction
Slides presentation, sharing of best practice and incident. Practical hands on demonstrations.
Theory Examination (WT): 60%
Practical Performance (PP): 100%
Certificates and Cards shall be endorsed by EFG Training Services Private Ltd and issued to participants at the end of course.
No. 3 Soon Lee Street, #01-16, Pioneer Junction, S (627606).
*Terms and Conditions Apply.