This course is intended for all workers carrying out tunneling works in building and engineering construction worksites. The course will familiarize participants with the hazards associated when working in a tunnel. They will then be able to identify the hazards, know the preventive measures to be adopted and understand the importance of observing safety signs and safe work procedures.
Who should attend this course?
All workers required to carry out tunneling works in their daily operations and activities exposing themselves to hazards arising from tunnels.
This course is aimed at providing individuals with the requisite Tunneling knowledge and skills so as to perform their Tunneling activities properly and safely. At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand general safety in Tunneling Works
- Identify and eliminate hazards working in a Tunnel
- Practice safety procedures when operating Tunneling Equipment and Machinery
- Able to work safely in Confined Spaces
- Practice safety procedure when doing Hot Work and working in Compressed Air
- Competent in wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Know the dangers and precautionary measures associated with Tunneling Works
Pre-Requisites / Assume Skills and Knowledge
As a prerequisite to the course, learners must completed and passed the Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Construction Sites previously known as Construction Safety Orientation Course for Workers.
Trainer to Trainee Ratio
Theory / Assessment ; 1: 40
4.0 Hours (Including 15 min Written Assessment)
Comprising Theory Session
Written Test 20 MCQ (WT)
Medium of Instruction
Slides presentation, sharing of best practice and incident. Short Videos.
Theory Examination (WT): 60%
Certificates Cards shall be endorsed by EFG Training Services Private Ltd and issued to participants at the end of course.
No. 3 Soon Lee Street, #01-16, Pioneer Junction, S (627606).