The Workplace Safety and Health (Shipbuilding and Ship-repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 6 (2) stipulates that “It shall be the duty of every person not to carry out any work deemed hazardous in a shipyard or on board a ship in a harbor unless he has undergone a safety and health training course approved by the commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health”.
Who should attend this course?
All workers required to work at the shipyards in their daily operations and activities exposing themselves to all kinds of hazards.
This course is aimed at providing individuals with the requisite shipyard knowledge and skills so as to perform their work activities properly and safely. At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Painter Trade)
- Understand fire and explosion hazards and safety measures
- Understand airless spraying hazards and safety measures
- Understand health hazards and preventive measures
- Know the proper usage of Personal Protective Equipment’s (PPE)
- Understand safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels
- Know Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings
- Understand Permit-To-Work Systems – Application for a painting permit
- Know Worker’s safety checklist for painting works
Pre-Requisites / Assume Skills and Knowledge
Able to read, interpret and understand the language in which they are taking the course.
Trainer to Trainee Ratio
Theory / Assessment ; 1: 40
2.5 Hours (Including 10 mins Assessment)
Comprising of Theory Written Test 10 MCQ (WT)
Medium of Instruction
Slides presentation, sharing of best practice and incident.
Theory Examination (WT): 60%
Certificates Cards shall be endorsed by EFG Training Services Private Ltd and issued to participants at the end of course.
No. 3 Soon Lee Street, #01-16, Pioneer Junction, S (627606).
*Terms and Conditions Apply.